Saturday, 15 September 2012

Wk 7: 9.2 Maintaining a Balance

Assess one useful web site that you would use for a practical activity for your Syllabus point

9.2.1.3.2: Gather, process and analyse information from secondary sources and use available evidence
to develop a model of a feedback mechanism.


http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/science/add_aqa_pre_2011/homeo/homeosts.shtml

This website is very handy as it visually shows the process of how a feedback system works (homeostasis), its relevance and significance to everyday human life. The website does not really allow interaction where the students can pick and choose the answers in terms of stimulus, receptor, effector and response, but the students get a wholistic approach to how homeostasis occurs and not just the individual concepts. I would use this website at the end of the lesson to show the bigger idea of homeostasis.

2 comments:

  1. I love BBC, i used it all throughout high school and Uni. I found that the wording which was used in this source makes it easier to understand and its not all overwhelming with content, if that makes sense. Oh and side note i see you took something from young scientist 'holistic' :P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Daniel, The bbc website is so full of great resourses, and you can be confident that the information is credible. Good choice Gen.

    ReplyDelete