'Final Reflection on the value and use of blogs in the senior Biology classroom.'
In the beginning of both semester I and II, the idea of writing out blogs honestly felt pointless to me. However, being able to reflect about what I was being taught and learnt each week, allowed me to fully grasp the concepts and content that I had learnt. Peer feedback has been great becuase it either reaffirmed my interpretations, understanding and perceptions of what I gained out of the content being taught or redirected my misinterpretation of the content taught and hence my reflective blog that I had proposed.
Blogs are necessary tools that are both valueable when used correctly and useful in senior Biology because it provides a safe environment where students are able to be reflective about their own learning and then be guided or reaffirmed with their understandings of the content taught in Biology. Peer assessment is of high value in gaining further understandings of the the content and concepts being taught. Blogs are also a great way for assessing students informally and diagnostically. Where a student may not understand something, as a teacher or as a peer student, everyone can collaboratively assist one another so each student is at similar level of understanding.
I now see the benefits of using blogs and will be using them when necessary to use as a guide on where my students are at and what they need more assistance in.
No comments:
Post a Comment